Columbia, SC (April 15, 2011) – For the second consecutive year, Davis Public Relations and Marketing took home the award for South Carolina’s best public relations campaign at the South Carolina Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America’s (SCPRSA) Mercury Awards banquet. Davis PR received the Best in Show Mercury award and five other awards at a ceremony held on Thursday, April 14 in Columbia.
Each year, SCPRSA recognizes excellent public relations programs, campaigns, publications, print materials and individual achievements in communications. Mercury Awards recognize campaigns while Silver Wing Awards recognize tactics. The competition is open to anyone in the communications field in South Carolina. This year, the Phoenix chapter of PRSA judged the entries submitted by South Carolina public relations practitioners.
The Best in Show Mercury Award is presented to the top overall public relations campaign in South Carolina. Davis Public Relations received the award for its work on a branding campaign for LRADAC (www.LRADAC.org), the county authority for the prevention, intervention and treatment of substance abuse for Lexington and Richland Counties. The campaign, entitled “Dawn of a New Day,” coincided with LRADAC’s move into a new state-of-the-art facility on Colonial Drive and included an in-depth evaluation and retooling of their brand to help the community better understand the quality and breadth of services offered by the nationally accredited substance abuse center.
In addition to Best in Show, Davis Public Relations received five other awards in the competition, which recognized work completed in 2010:
- Mercury Award for Brand/Reputation Management for the Brand Campaign for LRADAC.
- Mercury Award for Events and Observances (7 Days or More) for the grand opening of LRADAC’s new 60,000 square-foot facility on Colonial Drive in Columbia.
- Mercury Award of Merit for Public Affairs for the South Carolina Tobacco Collaborative’s (www.smokefreesc.org) campaign to increase the state’s lowest in the nation cigarette tax.
- Silver Wing Award for Media Relations (Associations/Government/Nonprofits) for the South Carolina Tobacco Collaborative’s cigarette tax media campaign.
- Davis PR’s Public Relations Manager, Katie Alice Walker, won the Silver Wing Award of Merit for Media Relations (Associations/Government/Nonprofits) for her work to promote the 2010 Indie Grits Film Festival (www.indiegrits.com).